Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Sohail Abbas has no plans to retire soon

World's highest goal scorer and Pakistan's famed drag flicker Sohail Abbas says he has no plans to retire soon, his lacklustre showing in the Hockey World Cup notwtihstanding.

Sohail feels he still has a few more years of hockey and he would like to serve his country.

"I have no plans to retire. I think I still have some years left in me. So I want to serve my country as long as I can," the 34-year-old Sohail told mediapersons on Monday soon after the four-time Cup winners went down 1-2 to Australia to wrap up their Pool B engagements with only three points.

Sohail was not at his best in the tournament and just could not get his act right while executing his penalty-corner hits or drag flicks, greatly affecting Pakistan's prospects.


Source : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/events-tournaments/hockey-world-cup/top-stories/Sohail-Abbas-has-no-plans-to-retire-soon/articleshow/5661001.cms

No comments: