Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chase Credit Card Analysis

When you are in school, you can see credit card promotions almost everywhere. Most of the times, makes the credit card commercials are not even focus on low interest rates or other rewards for credit cards. Instead, benefits are usually burgers or pizzas. This is very common in my college. It is amusing to think that university students, of all people would fall into this trap. The reality is that many of the students are enticed with free pizza promotion, and for the sake of having a pizza, complete credit card applications.


While we were at this practice, we even got my first card in a similar manner. We will talk about Chase Student Credit Card Review. 

Chase offers college students a credit card called, Chase 1 SM Student Master Card. As for Chase Student Master Card, we must say that we do not have much to complain, but we have not much to applause to anyone. 

As my Capital One credit card had a 0% deal, we thought Chase would have the same rate as well. When we opened my first bill, to my horror, it was 13.24% which is very high. Since we already made a few mistakes, we should be careful when it came to finances. We would normally pay all my credit cards, instead of adding more debt. 

Karma points are one of the incentives for hunting student credit cards. Karma points offered by hunts are frankly useless. Karma points should not be an incentive when considering a credit card. Since we am an active user of Chase's online banking service, pay bills online is one of the main plus point for me. Billing interface, which is a big plus point for me is simple and easy, no one should have any reason to complain of being unable to pay online. What's even better is that you can link your credit card account with your existing Chase bank account. There also seems to be a regular credit limit control – we  had started with $ 300, and a few months later I got my credit limit was increased to $ 800, and then a few months later to $ 1600th Now I hope my credit limit will rise. 

Having your credit limit increase is definitely a bonus. The reason is that you can get good credit score. We are not really interested in increasing my credit limit to spend more money, but rather to increase my credit score because it depends on debt to credit ratio. The less debt you have compared to your credit limit, the greater the possibility you raise your credit score. So, having as high a credit limit is definitely a good thing. Other ways to save money while in college.

No comments: