Thursday, March 04, 2010

Movie making is a crazy business

Veteran producer, Susan Landau, talks about her forthcoming project Road, Movie, and why it is so important to her that the audience knows a bit about the film…

You’re the first U.S.-based producer to make a Hindi language film; Why did you choose to do so?
It wasn’t a choice of making a Hindi language film or not. It was more a choice of ‘Should I make Road, Movie or not?’. I got involved, and I saw it was entirely appropriate. It would be strange to see characters in the middle of the desert speaking English. I made a film in English called Marigold, with an American girl going to Mumbai and acting, but this isn’t Marigold. The choice was made by Dev Benegal, he was the filmmaker and I support the filmmaker. 

Source : http://www.screenindia.com/news/movie-making-is-a-crazy-business/586331/

No comments: